Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Superman: The Movie

28th February: Superman: The Movie

An alien child is sent from his dying home planet to Earth and becomes a hero.

The original Superman movies are a first time watch for me. I had no idea what to expect going into this movie (other than Superman: Returns is the eventual output) and i can say that my belief in comic movies has been not been altered. Loved It. I do however have one problem with this movie and something movies are still doing today. They put the biggest star as the first name on the list. I like Marlon Brando, he was awesome as Jor-El and I even more like Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor, but Christopher Reeve is playing the title role, he should be the first name mentioned, not the third.

Rant aside, as i mentioned the movie is great. Reeve's transformation from "mild mannered" Clark Kent to Kal-El is superb. Now the only other perfomances i have to go on are Brandon Routh's and the voice actor for DC Universe Online, but it was still a solid performance.

The special effects. Now I re-watched the entire first 3 seasons of Star Trek and the archaic effects in that didn't phase me once, but they did in this, the model villages being flooded, the space travel, the flying isn't too bad, but i dunno.

Overall: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?