Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Spiderman

18th May: Spiderman.

When Peter Parker is bitten by a super-spider he is given superpowers and starts fighting crime.

Most people know I’m more a DC fanboy, but I’m not against Marvel. In fact Thor is one of my top favourite films ever. With Thor and all the newer marvel films getting ready for next years Avengers, I decided to revisit some of the older films, starting with Superman.

Cast:

Toby Maguire in the lead. A lot of people didn’t like him, but I didn’t mind him. He didn’t deliver an award worthy performance but he didn’t do anything too bad. My thoughts on the character of Peter Parker are similar to Clark Kent, Maguire needed to be more nerdy and more clumsy, he seems to come of too cool for the character.

Whilst I watched this film I posted on my separate tumblr blog, that “Kirsten Dunst would be hot in Spiderman if Emma Stone wasn’t a hotter red head”. She is hot. She does a great job as MJ and looks awesome whilst they do it. Willem Defoe was a good bad guy and James Franco was good as the son. JK Simmons obviously steals the comedic star award, love him and love his character.

No real major fails with the CGI, overall not bad. The story flows along nicely and the supporting cast is pretty sweet, but there’s just something about Spiderman that I just don’t care about. I don’t think it’s a marvel/dc thing as I said I can’t wait for the Avengers, but there is something that I just don’t care for and I don’t know what it is.

The film itself is a good action film, but there’s just something that bores me personally.

Recommend: Yes

Overall: 6/10

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?