Sunday, February 20, 2011

Paul

19th February: Paul

2 scifi nerds get first contact and have to save Paul, an alien from being captured by the government.

My opening quote: "What Scott Pilgrim did for video games, Paul does for Sci-Fi movies" This movie has a specific audience: NERD. From awesome bits like Han Solo's "boring conversation" bit and the re-enactment of the Kirk Vs Gorgon fight. Love it. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost on usual top form. It was nice to see Jason Bateman outside of cameos and Arrested Development, he did good. Kirsten Wiig in a total role change. Usually she's an annoying cameo ish character, but her main part in Paul is really good, I was definitely impressed. Not enough Sigorney Weaver but meh. Now, Seth Rogan. One of my fave actors. Didn't fail to disappoint in his voice acting, but I feel that his voice didn't suite Paul. Suited Paul's personality and characteristics but not his "form" I think (and I don't mean this in an offensive way) that if Paul had not been bone thin, it would have worked more. Still hilarious, but something was amiss.

Overall: 9/10
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?