Saturday, February 5, 2011

Grown Ups

5th February: Grown Ups

5 friends reunite after 30 years for a weekend together after the loss of their childhood basketball coach.

Best Comedy iv reviewed yet. It's exactly what I wanted. A funny film. Let's break the cast down. Adam Sandler. Back on form. I thought that he'd hog all the story, but he doesn't, he's back to just being funny. Kevin James. Similar to Sandler and is actually funny in this unlike say Paul Blart or The Dilemma. Chris Rock. I don't think he had as much screen time as the others but still on top form. Probably his best movie since Dogma. Rob Schneider. Still the weird one of the group, still just as funny. I kinda wanted him to at some point say "you can do it" but alas he did not. Finally, David Spade. I love David Spade. I own his lead film movies and I love his cameos in everything he does. So its a little hard for me not to like him in this when he's on top form since Joe Dirt.
Other mentions go to Selma Hayek, who's cleavage never ceases to amaze and Steve Buscemi for a very funny (very pale) cameo. If you can think of a Happy Madison regular, they are involved in this movie and I love it.

Now being a full on comedy, the non funny bits are allowed to leak a bit, but this one didn't. The story held together and all the cast gave top notch performances. I could have done with a little less of their kids (except Schneider's daughters *wolf whistle*) kid actors in general annoy me, but in this I just wanted more of the adult cast.

Overall: 9/10
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?