Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Unstoppable

Unstoppable

Two train engineers; one a soon to retire train veteran and one guys first day. An unmanned run away train with hazardous cargo hurtles towards a city and its up to them to try and stop it.

The new Star Trek reboot and Much Ado About Nothing are both in my flickchart.com top 20 and those movies each star Chris Pine and Denzel Washington respectfully. So immediately the cast of this movie intrigues me. Then we get Rosario Dawson and Ethan Suplee, both familiar faces in the View Askewniverse, so the cast gets a 10.

Then the movie itself. Just as good. I love that in this film: there is no villain. It’s a refreshing change from most action movies like this, there is no villain. Just two guys doing their job trying to stop a disaster. Love it. The action is non-stop, the story all makes sense, all the characters fit in well, I have nothing bad to say about this movie. If did have to find fault, its is attempt to make this more than an action movie. I found, until the very end (No spoilers for you) that I didn’t care for the characters life stories. I just wanted more train based action, less moaning about divorce…etc Other than that, Love It!

Overall: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?